NAME: Mr Chris
2. DATE OF BIRTH: 28/11/1986
3. OCCUPATION: 'Dishbitch' at my local restaurant.
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Bristol, England
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: 2000-ish.
6. BEEFHEART ALBUMS IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE:
SAFE AS MILK : ___________________ 1=
MIRROR MAN : ____________________11
STRICTLY PERSONAL : ____________ 9
TROUT MASK REPLICA : ____________1=
LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY : _______5
SPOTLIGHT KID : __________________ 6
CLEAR SPOT :____________________ 4
UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED : 12
BLUEJEANS & MOONBEAMS : ______8
SHINY BEAST : ___________________ 3
DOC AT THE RADAR STATION : ____7
ICE CREAM FOR CROW :____________10
7. TOP 10 OTHER ACTS: (In no particular order...)
1. the Pixies
2. the Polyphonic Spree
3. the Smashing Pumpkins
4. Joanna Newsom
5. Howlin' Wolf
6. Bo Diddley
7. the Coral
8. Mr Scruff
9. the Circus of Horrors (actually a
performance/circus/live music/freakshow kinda thang, but they had
to get a mention).
10. Aphex Twin
8. NUMBER OF ALBUMS OWNED:
around 200. Pales a bit compared with some other members, but hey! I have
time to expand.
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
I bought 'Trout Mask Replica' simply on the basis of a reviewer describing
it as the weirdest record ever released. While it took me a while to really
appreciate the album (I'm still finding new realms of pleasure now!), i
immediately loved the fractured guitars, shamboling drums and weird vocals
of Ella Guru.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
None and never will, I'm afraid, but i got to see the Magic Band play Glastonbury
in 2004! that was good.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: none
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: Hah! Yeah, why not?
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
Grade 6 on piano, grade 6 on guitars (i like electric and acoustic), enthusiasm
on all manner of drums, bass, and percussion. Yay bongo!
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
I have a number of tracks - compositions, arrangements, covers, and
simple crew-arounds - which can be sent to people as mp3s or whatever the
ame is. No real CDs as such though. If anyone is interested/for more details
contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.