2. DATE OF BIRTH: July 4, 1957
3. OCCUPATION: freelance clerical
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: NYC, USA
5. YEARS AS A FAN: 25
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
In '71, I got a copy of the Warner Brother's "Zapped" sampler in the mailby sending in a coupon
- printed on Alice Cooper's "Love It To Death" album- and a dollar. I have to admit, I didn't start
my Beefheart collection then and there; for the next couple years, me n' m' mates were still heavy
into the Coop, Sabbath, Budgie, Love Sculpture, etc. I think I finally bought "Trout Mask Replica"
in '74, and m' musical n' artistic interests took a turn toward the surreal.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
Nov. 9, 1978 - Vegetable Buddies, South Bend, IN
Dec. 12, 1980 - Tuts, Chicago, IL
Dec. 13, 1980 - Starship, Milwaukee, WI
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: None
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?:
Only briefly before the Starship '80 show. Had a nice chat n' chaw with Robert Williams after the
previous night's show in Chicago; that's how we found out about the Milwaukee gig.
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
Sax, guitar and drums in various bands since '75, from now to now.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?: The past sure is tense.
Here's my website: