1. NAME: Drew W. Eaton
2. DATE OF BIRTH: March 12, 1953
3. OCCUPATION: Full time neuorotic and gadfly, half-baked music, literature, and cinema critic, wanna-be intellectual and writer
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Amherst, New York (outside of Buffalo)
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: define "fan". I developed an attraction for Doc(atRS) in the mid-80s. I developed an intense atraction for datRS as I became more neurotic. (I wish I had the academic background to do studies on people who love CB music.)
6. BEEFHEART ALBUMS IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE:
SAFE AS MILK : ___________________4
MIRROR MAN : ___________________6
STRICTLY PERSONAL : ___________
TROUT MASK REPLICA : __________ 2
LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY : _____ 3
SPOTLIGHT KID : _________________12
CLEAR SPOT :____________________ 5
UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED : _
BLUEJEANS & MOONBEAMS : ______
SHINY BEAST : ___________________
DOC AT THE RADAR STATION : ___1
ICE CREAM FOR CROW :____________
8. NUMBER OF ALBUMS OWNED: presently somewhere around 3000 (give or take a couple hundred) in mixed format7. TOP 10 OTHER ACTS:
TEN? You're cruel! In no particular order:
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
A buddy brought Doc over to the house.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS: zip, unfortunately
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: again, zip (not of Don's, anyway)
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: no
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING: I spent two-plus intensive years devoting myself to acoustic steel string guitar in the mid-80s but I couldn't stand my personal self-comparisons to John Renbourn and Leo Kottke so I quit.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
Just other artists I like (a few):
Tim Berne, X-Legged Sally, John Zorn, Desmond Dekker, Shirley Collins, Bare Necessities, Roxy Music, Van der Graaf Generator, Spirit, Fairport
Convention, Sandy Denny, Larval, Love, Renbourn, Kottke, Fahey, Lang (etc), Danny Gatton, Don Ellis, Norman Blake.
That's enough for now.