2. DATE OF BIRTH: July 29, 1984
3. OCCUPATION: Student, Writer, Musician, Painter
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Newark, DE and Kennett Square, PA
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?:
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
I am a gigantic fan of Frank Black, an artist who has worked on several occasions with Eric Drew Feldman and Jeff Morris Tepper. While reading music press on Frank's records, I came across the knowledge of these two individual's involvement with Captain Beefheart. So then, I started downloading numerous MP3s, which eventually led to a dedicated sense of album purchase. The one song that really kicked me in the ass was "Dirty Blue Gene" (DATRS version) as well as "Moonlight on Vermont."
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
As a fetus, I saw them all.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED:
See Number 10.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?:
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING: .
I can hammer out quite some dramatic beats with my Japanese Knife Collection. However, I can play the guitar, piano, and clarinet as well. I compose and record songs in my basement under the clever pseudonym "Eric Mayer." I used to be in a band, but they really sucked the big one, so I quit. I'm trying to get something together now, in a vein of "oddness."
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
"You can nail a screw, but you can't screw a nail."
- Eric Mayer
If there's any musician who lives near me and is interested in purveying "mad grooves," get in contact with my emaildentist at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm just about 17 years old, but I don't really care how old you are, just as long as you know what you're doing - and you know when to NOT know what your doing, as well.