2. DATE OF BIRTH: 15/05/1980.
3. OCCUPATION: Building attendant, writer, musician, DJ.
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Sydney.
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: 1997.
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
I 1st heard Don singing Debra Kadabra on a 3 hour Zappa tribute radio show in late '96. After reading about it & hearing Hot Rats, i had to take the risk & get Trout Mask Replica. I was never put off by it, I think I loved it straight-away. probably Moonlight On Vermont, potentially being scared away by "gimme that old time religion" but embracing it w/ open arms [or should that be ears?] nevertheless. I think My Human Gets Me Blues might have really blown me away though.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
0, I am too young unfortunately
+ he nevr came down here or so i'm told by the Electricity site man.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: 0.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?:
No, but you would think you knew him thru listening to him, reading i/v's etc.
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
More or less illiterate but possessing of a certain unique talent, makes twisted musical statements as Funkmeister G.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?:
Don Van Vliet & his legions are very inspirational & to even be considered a level or 2 below their genius would be a good achievement for me. My Bulbous Confusion label will hopefully get people in that direction. Thank you Fire Party people!