1. NAME: Greg Guillot
2. DATE OF BIRTH: 3/8/1961
3. OCCUPATION: Attorney
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Dallas, TX
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: 1979
SAFE AS MILK : ____________________6
MIRROR MAN : ___________________12
STRICTLY PERSONAL : __________ 8
TROUT MASK REPLICA : _________ 1
LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY : _____ 2
SPOTLIGHT KID : _______________ _9
CLEAR SPOT : _________________ 3
UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED : 10
BLUEJEANS & MOONBEAMS : ____ 11
SHINY BEAST : _________________ 4
DOC AT THE RADAR STATION : ___ 5
ICE CREAM FOR CROW :____________7
(1) King Crimson
(2) Gentle Giant
(3) Brian Eno
(5) Fred Frith/Henry Cow/Art Bears
(6) Material/Bill Laswell
(7) Chick Corea/Return to Forever/Electrik Band
(8) Ornette Coleman/PrimeTime
(9)Tony Williams (anything he drums on)
(10) Black Sabbath.
8. NUMBER OF ALBUMS OWNED: Over 1000 probably
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
-- Iread about the band in rock journals/magazines, and bought Trout Mask Replica on my own to check it out. I loved it and kept on buying. Then, in college in or around 1982, I tried to bring him to my college campus to play, and spoke with Gary Lucas several times about it, but alas, he retired
and backed out of the show.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
Never seen him.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED:
Never visited one -- but I had a friend visit one in Atlanta when it came to his town, and he sent me the program.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?:
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
Rudimentary guitar skills (mainly just chords), good singer, never been in a band, but love music.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
Disc-jockey in college in Tennessee and while in law school in New Orleans, with both jazz and rock shows --played lots of Beefheart on-air.