2. DATE OF BIRTH: 8/25/56
3. OCCUPATION: Microlithograpy Engineer
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Nampa, Idaho
5. YEARS AS A FAN: 29
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
The first Beefheart song I ever heard was 'Nowadays a Woman' on CKLG FM out of Vancouver BC.
I was laid up with a broken leg about 1971 and had alot of time to listen to the radio at night.
They played Don as well as Bonzo Dog Band, Firesign Theatre and some other really wierd shit.
It was a great early influence. As soon as I was up and around, I bought a used copy of Clear Spot for $1.75
and the rest is history.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
None. One of my greatest regrets in life.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: None. I live in Idaho.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: None.
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
Hours of woodshedding in bedroom. Guitar.
No natural musical ability. Frustrating as hell.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?:
I'd like to thank Don for showing me the skewed view.