1. NAME: Louis Mills
2. DATE OF BIRTH: 04 / 05 / 1984 (May the fourth be with you).
3. OCCUPATION: By day, I am a mild-mannered employee of an independent record label. At night, I put on an elaborate costume and fight crime.
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: London
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: Not sure really. I don't remember a time in my life when I didn't like the music.
6. BEEFHEART ALBUMS IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE:
SAFE AS MILK : ____________________ 2
MIRROR MAN : __________________ 4
STRICTLY PERSONAL : __________ 5
TROUT MASK REPLICA : _________ 1
LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY : ______ 3
SPOTLIGHT KID : ________________ 8
CLEAR SPOT : _________________ 9
UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED : _12
BLUEJEANS & MOONBEAMS : _____ 11
SHINY BEAST : _________________ 10
DOC AT THE RADAR STATION : ___ 6
ICE CREAM FOR CROW :___________ 7
This chops and changes (it will have probably changed by the time I finish writing it), though I doubt number 1 will ever be threatened.7. TOP 10 OTHER ACTS:
Remember... Judge not lest ye be judged!
1- Queens Of The Stone Age
2- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
3- Tom Waits
4- C W Stoneking
6- The Rolling Stones
7- Johnny Cash
8- Led Zeppelin
9- The Who
10- The Clash
8. NUMBER OF ALBUMS OWNED: Loads.
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
My Dad used to play a lot of Zappa and Beefheart when I was a kid and I sort of grew up listening to it. I think that when I got older, I
became a bit more open minded when it comes to music and got into it more, though I always liked it. Now I think I share the same level of
appreciation of Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band as many a real music fan.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
Far too young for that. Though I saw a few of the amazing Magic Band reunion shows and had the pleasure of hearing John "Drumbo" French playing the drum part to Abba Zaba in my house on my drumkit... A very special memory.
11. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: No.
12. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
Self-taught drummer. I recently went to a music shop to see if I could pick up a new instrument to learn, I asked the guy behind the counter how much he wanted for the red saxophone and if he thought I could play it. He told me that I could just take the fire extinguisher, but I'd probably get foam in my mouth if I tried to play it. I told him not to worry and enquired about the white xylophone he had. He said that he'd happily sell me the radiator, but he probably wouldn't be able to get it off the wall.
13. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
I have a band named Kobayashi with a myspace full of dodgy recordings:
There will be an album with better tracks and sound quality in the coming months.
My personal myspace is www.myspace.com/killer_beats though I don't use it much. Though as a "young person" I am obliged to use Facebook
otherwise I would be publicly named and shamed and outcasted from all known social circles.