1. NAME: Mattias Hanson
2. DATE OF BIRTH: 1977
3. OCCUPATION: University Student
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Gothenburg (Göteborg), Sweden
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: 1997ish.
SAFE AS MILK : ____________________ 2
MIRROR MAN : _____________________7
STRICTLY PERSONAL : _____________ 5
TROUT MASK REPLICA : ___________=1
LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY : ______ =1
SPOTLIGHT KID :___________________ 8
CLEAR SPOT : ____________________ 6
UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED : _
BLUE JEANS & MOONBEAMS : ______
SHINY BEAST : _ _________________ 4
DOC AT THE RADAR STATION : _____3
ICE CREAM FOR CROW : ___________ 9
(These are not in in any order and with reservation for changes)1. The Residents
2. Miles Davis
5. Throbbing Gristle
6. Freddie Hubbard
8. Pere Ubu
8. NUMBER OF ALBUMS OWNED: around 300
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
I was introduced by my late friend Mikael Djurvall in the late nineties but for me it was an aquired taste so it took some time to really grasp it fully. To keep a long story short the song that really got me hooked and still is a definite favourite is "Sheriff of Hong Kong".
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
None, I'm a tad too young to have been able to do that.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: None.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?:
Only "spiritually" and creatively, not in flesh.
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
Semi-guitarist, plays some bass and claviature. I really play on whatever I get my hands on except drums.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD? Yes.
See Mattias's Fireparty Musicians entry