3. OCCUPATION: Studying for a speech therapy MSc in Newcastle
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Durham
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?:
This year, Jan 2001
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
Definately Abba Zabba. I think I just came to download a load of stuff at work, and that happened to be one of them.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
I've seen Gary Lucas twice, and the Magic Band three times. I was 5 in '82.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: None
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: No, none
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
A whole sordid history here of not quite getting my act together. My bandgot a reasonable review in the demo bit of the NME! That's about as far as
it goes really, we were rubbish live. I have a song on the guitar I pull out and terrify people with. My piano playing continues to deteriorate
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
My favourite Beefheart song: Bellerin' Plain
My favourite Beefheart description: "Cellular sail-boat - ye ole feathered kind"
My favourite Beefheart moment: at "sits spreadeagled on poor men, piled high on truth mountain'