2. DATE OF BIRTH: Sept. 4, 1969
3. OCCUPATION: English conversation "teacher" ha ha
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Mito, Japan (I'm Canadian)
5. YEARS AS A FAN: 11
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
I borrowed Doc at the Radar Station in 1988. Hot Head and Ashtray Heart were accessible enough for a Beefheart
virgin, and eventually I got into the other stuff too. I think Dirty Blue Gene was my first favourite song.
Then I got Trout Mask and off I went.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS: 0
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: 0
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: 0
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING: .
I've played guitar for 17 years, and I majored in classical guitar for three years before dropping out.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
Don't be fooled or easily impressed by the term "classically trained". "Hey man, check out this sculptor! He's a
classically trained painter!"
All you need is love.