Richard joined the fireparty after the census was conducted in April 1999.
These answers have therefore not been taken into account in the results analysis.
3. OCCUPATION: social worker
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: sydney, australia
5. YEARS AS A FAN: 5
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
i was 'turned on' by a friend with a copy he had borrowed from a library in Amsterdam!
i had never heard of the Captain before, butsomehow knew he existed.
the song that hooked me was 'meate dream of a octafish' because i could never had thought of such a thing.
i just loved the attitude and perspective that the captain gives. i had also been smoking....
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS: none i'm afraid.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED:
i saw the Rubens and Brett Whitely exhibition, but none by the Captain there.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: only in my dreams
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING:
no training, but i play bass, guitar acoustic, electric and slide),
and just about anything else i can get my hands on!
Next Fire Party Person Fire Party people index