1. NAME: Shane Smith
2. DATE OF BIRTH: December 11, 1991
3. OCCUPATION: 10th grader
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Covington, GA
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: 2006
SAFE AS MILK : 7
MIRROR MAN : __________________
STRICTLY PERSONAL : __________
TROUT MASK REPLICA : 2
LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY : 1
SPOTLIGHT KID : 6
CLEAR SPOT : 5
UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED : _
BLUEJEANS & MOONBEAMS : ____
SHINY BEAST : 4
DOC AT THE RADAR STATION : 3
ICE CREAM FOR CROW :__________
8. NUMBER OF ALBUMS OWNED: None. All the albums I have are downloads from Limewire.Frank Zappa and the Mothers,
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THEMAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THELIGHT?:
I discovered him by random in 2004 while I was looking up random artists on Windowsmedia.com. The covers I remember were Trout Mask Replica, Safe as Milk, the Spotlight Kid, and Ice Cream for Crow. He always fascinated me. As for the song, "Frownland" was my first (I laughed when I first heard a sample of it), but "My Human Gets Me Blues" made me see the light.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS: None.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: None.
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: I wish he had a MySpace. Then we could be friends. Other than that, no.
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING: I play the guitar, I write songs, I sing, I play a little bit of cello, I play some bass.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD? - I'm a fan of UmJammer Lammy and Code: Lyoko. Also, like you fans, I think "Decals" is a better album than "Trout Mask" and it deserves to be on many Top 500 lists, but "Trout Mask" deserved the #50 spot on the Rolling Stone list. It did.Also, I am a YouTube Pooper, which means I remix YouTube videos and turn them into utter weirdness. I did one on Captain Beefheart, using a lot of his interviews and source material.The link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up97--Reaww