2. DATE OF BIRTH: 8/09/54
3. OCCUPATION: Artist (Organic Produce Mgr. to pay bills)
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Kansas City, Missouri USA
5. WHAT YEAR DID YOU BECOME A FAN?: 1969
7. TOP 10 OTHER ACTS:
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND,
AND WAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
Back in the late 60's I used to hang out in the record department of a small drug store named KATZ.
One day Trout Mask came in and we listened to it all day just to freak the customers. I suppose the first song, Frownland, just summed it all up nicely for me.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS:
One. 1973 with the Tragic Band. Only 99 cents but passed out halfway through.
11. ART SHOWS VISITED:
One. Santa Monica, Fred Hoffman Gallery, 1990. (Got the booklet!)
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?:
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING: .
Been playing guitar since 14. Trumpet in High School. Bass, piano. I can make noise with almost anything.
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?
I was born with one hell of a bullshit detector. Don has been a great inspiration for most of my life. His music and paintings have encouraged me to dig deep inside, explore, and express what I find.
Check out my paintings if you'd like at: http://homepage.mac.com/tfarnsworth/PhotoAlbum28.html