2. DATE OF BIRTH: 1 October 1953
3. OCCUPATION: I drive around the London Borough of Waltham Forest from school to school, fixing computers as I go.
4. PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Edmonton, London N9
5. YEARS AS A FAN: 31
9. HOW DID YOU FIRST DISCOVER CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC
ANDWAS THERE A PARTICULAR SONG THAT MADE YOU SEE THE LIGHT?:
A letter in the NME in praise of SAFE AS MILK. I think this was late 1967.
I didn't hear any of it until YELLOW BRICK ROAD came out on 45.
I think they played it on Saturday Club or something. The song that really convinced me was
BEATLE BONES 'N' SMOKIN' STONES.
10. NUMBER OF BEEFHEART GIGS SEEN, AND WHICH YEARS: 3 - 1972, 1974, 1976
11. ART SHOWS VISITED: quite a lot
12. ANY CONTACT WITH DON?: Met him in 1974. Interviewed him for BBC Radio Bristol.
13. MUSICAL ABILITY / TRAINING: None. Well - I know the chords to WHITE LIGHT / WHITE HEAT. (E and A if you're interested.)
14. ANY OTHER INFO YOU WISH TO ADD?: No.